Kilobots events are really getting popular! We have had quite a number of people asking how they or their children can learn to build a Combat Robot.
In answer, we have put together a workshop that aims to teach the basics of robotics. By the end you will have the knowledge to compete in Kilobots tournaments!
- -Nothing currently planned-
- Next class will depend on interested new builders! Email us if you would like to attend one.
- SPARC rules and regulations – so you know what is allowed and disallowed
- How to prepare for and attend events
- Robot designs and different weapons types
- Mechanical principles – frame construction, weight distribution, etc.
- Basic electronics – how motors work, batteries, radio transmitters, speed controllers, etc.
- Assembling the Viper Combat Robot Starter Kit.
- Kilobots mini-tournament
What to Bring
The workshop is $20 per robot built. If you just want to come sit in and learn, there is no cost.
The second half of the workshop will be assembling and using the Viper robot kits from FingerTech Robotics. We have some available for the day, but if you would like to take yours home after they are available for purchase.