- Previous event: May 14-15, 2022 – Kilobots XLVI @ Calgary Maker Faire
– Registration is closed: https://www.robotcombatevents.com/events/757
- Last event: June 25, 2022 – Saskatoon Maker Faire
– Destructive Demonstrations and drive a robot through the Pinball Gauntlet!
- Next event: September 24-25, 2022 – Kilobots XLVII @ FingerTech HQ Saskatoon
– Register at: https://buildersdb.com/events/1146
- Postponed until 2023: Kilobots – Canadian National Championships
– We’re pushing this epic event to 2023 for when (hopefully) the world is back reopened again!
Annual Kilobots Events
In the past, Kilobots in Saskatchewan typically held three events a year. One in January, one in May, and one in August/September. With the new 2022 restructuring, we will be adding MORE annual events to the schedule as the Alberta and British Columbia arenas get going!
FingerTech Robotics has opened a new headquarters that has the Kilobots arena permanently set up! It’s new, but the intent is to hold in-between events – less advertised, better for trying out new designs and tweaking your build before throwing down at the big annual tournaments. Builders can stop by (with notice) to do testing any time.
Kilobots presents RoboPalooza at Saskatoon Maker Faire and now Calgary Maker Faire too! These events focus on including the audience in fun exhibition matches. Our intention is to get you hooked and see you at the next event with a robot of your own! Matches include King of the Hill, 2-on-2 Bot Soccer, Can Clearing, and the Pinball Gauntlet! We have held promotional events in shopping centers, schools, the Saskatoon Fireworks Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, Wakeride, and every three years at the University’s “Cameco Spectrum” Science & Engineering Expo. If you want to drive a robot, this one is for you!
The Kilobots Canadian National Championship has been held in conjunction with large events such as the Saskatoon Ex and Sask Expo. This is one you don’t want to miss! Teams from across Canada, the USA and the UK travel to Saskatoon to compete for thousands of dollars in prizes and the coveted “Kilobots Cup”. Meet teams (and robots!) that have competed on BattleBots and Robot Wars, and at the International RoboGames.
Read an article from one of our 2016 international competitors, courtesy of SERVO Magazine (click for pdf):
Another article from 2017, courtesy of SERVO Magazine (click for pdf):